Candy Cane Rice Krispies Treats
A great way to use up old broken candy canes from the holidays!
- 12 Candy Canes Peppermint
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 cups of Marshmallows
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies
- Cooking Spray
- OPTIONAL- Chocolate Chips
- In plastic bag, place candy canes and crush into small itty bitty pieces.
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave 3 tablespoons of butter for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Then add 4 cups of marshmallows and stir, coating the marshmallows in melted butter.
- Next, microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add 6 cups of Rice Krispies and ½ of the crushed candy canes and stir until fully coated with marshmallow.
- Next, spray a using spatula that’s been sprayed with cooking spray or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Lastly top with the remaining crushed candy canes and mini chocolate chips and press into the top of Rice Krispies.
- Cool and cut!
For best results, use mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips!