Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
A spicy twist on grilled cheese!
- 4 slices of Bread
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese- softened
- 1 Jalapeño- chopped and seeded
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- 4 Cooked Slices of Bacon
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, jalapeño, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- On the other side of two slices, spread layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bread with cream cheese mixture, buttered side down. Top with 1/4 cup cheddar and half the bacon, then top with another 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until melty and golden, 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
Add spices like garlic powder or cayenne pepper for more kick! Adapted from Delish.com